Creative Spark: Lucky Charms Popcorn
Whether you have kids or not, I think we can all appreciate the nostalgia of the BEST part of Lucky Charms — the marshmallows.
Inspired by an easy peasy tradition of eating a bowl of Lucky Charms on St. Patrick’s Day, we’re taking it to the next level with our party popcorn recipe (a favourite at our workshops).
It’s super easy to make with ingredients all found at your local grocery store.
- popcorn (we popped 1/2 cup of kernels)
- 6 oz (170g) box of white baker’s chocolate
- 1/2 cup Lucky Charms — just the marshmallows!
- rainbow sprinkles
- pop your popcorn and set aside in a large bowl.
- pour a bowl of Lucky Charms cereal and pick out all the marshmallows.
- break white chocolate into squares. with a double boiler, heat chocolate over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- drizzle white chocolate over popcorn and use a spatula to gently stir until covered.
- pour in sprinkles and marshmallows. gently stir until combined.
- spread mixture out onto a baking sheet to harden. you can also put it in the fridge to speed up the process.
Once the chocolate has set pour into a bowl and enjoy!!
If you’re fully embracing every little holiday as we are this year, our rainbow craft kits make a super cute St. Patrick’s Day addition, just add a handful of chocolate gold coins! Available in large and mini sizes in the shop!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Christine and Andrea